Whole chicken cut with bones about 5 pounds
- 3-4 stacks celery or 1 pound, chopped
- 1 pound chopped carrots or small bag of baby carrots
- 2-3 medium or 1/2 pound sweet potatoes chopped with skin
- 3-4 medium or 1 pound zucchini, chopped
- 1 pound chopped or one large whole butternut squash
- 1/2 pound frozen green peas
- 1 small beet
- dash of oregano, thyme, turmeric
- 6-10 cups of good water (to cover)
When cooled and done to add;
- 1tspoon nutritional yeast,
- dash of “lite ” salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ‘udo’s 3-6-9
- mix of greens including kale or other in season
Bring all the ingredients covered in water to boil and simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours until carrots, potatoes and butternut squash is soft. When done, cool and remove all the bones. Remove fat as you can (it’s easier to refrigerate and then remove layer of fat on top).
Using a food processor or electric mixer blend in batches. It is useful to blend meat first and set aside. After, blend all the veggies to desired consistency including greens of choice.
Mix together Half meat and Half veggies or larger proportion of meat if desired, add broth if needed.
Add “lite” salt, nutritional yeast and udo’s .
Store meals and leftover broth in containers in a refrigerator or a freezer for longer storage.
Always serve food warm.
EASY and Quick recipe
Bake / boil chicken
Add cooked frozen butternut squash ( “Cascadina farms” frozen cooked) Mixed together for a quick meal ( 1/2 and 1/2)
Other quick meal ideas:
Add Sardines without salt in water
Plane Greek yogurt
Supplemental Meal could be added to the regular commercial food replacing 25-40% without any additional supplementation.